Background

Sunday 30 October 2011

Boasting - only of interest to creative types!

A friend has recently had a baby. As she already had a boy and didn't need more boy things, she asked if I could "do him a page a bit like Angus's book."


This is what I made for him. I acknowledge that there are few original ideas here, but all the work is mine including the photos!

This was the layout. The colours were crystal blue, buttercup, and sorbet on colonial white cardstock with a bamboo background. All the inks and stamps are Close to My Heart and the patterned paper is from Caboodle, also CTMH. The embellishments are from various sources.

This feature opens up to reveal a mini album as below:

Most of the photos were taken by me of Joel when he was three days old. The colours in the hospital were too contrasting so B and W made co-ordinating easier and the whole layout cohere better.
I found the quote on a stamp set I have and was delighted as I had already embellished the layout with stars and it this tied it all together well. The space under the flap was left for the family to use. 




I am really pleased with the finished page, (even Ken thought it was rather good!) and as I said, just boasting!

No comments: