Background

Tuesday 7 February 2012

A Life of Random Normality

I haven't blogged recently because, much to my surprise and pleasure, life has become randomly normal. I say "random" because I can't quite work out why. It just seems to have happened all by itself. I don't know if this sense of normality is because of my mindset, improved weather and sunshine (that can act as the most amazing anti-depressant), or whether life has finally settled into a pattern.

Whatever it is, I am revelling in it!

Finally we are actually living in our house and not just existing in it. Of course there are jobs to do but there is no burning pressure or stress to get them done. Yesterday I painted three windowsills that needed doing; today I plan to sand and touch up the downstairs loo. No drama; no stress: just do a job and move on. Even the faulty tap from the bathroom that has stained the kitchen ceiling hasn't got me down. Call the plumber and move on. No drama; no fuss.

We have had very welcome visitors from Macclesfield and Isla has been ill for a week with a nasty cold which this morning has developed into conjunctivitis. Still I feel at peace.

I wonder if the drama of the last three years (my pregnancy and Isla's arrival in 2009, the move or not (!) in 2010 and last year with so much energy put into sorting this house) is finally coming to an end and I am starting to find life's rhythm again. I hope so. I so need to calm down, breathe deeply, and find some time to sort out my head. In the meantime, I am baking and cooking and sometimes even scrapping again. And the children are enjoying having a more sane Mum.
Isla with the perks from helping to make apple and cinnamon muffins for Dad.
Angus loved the tactile pizza dough making. He kneeded with gusto. 
And then got to eat the results: cheese, tomato and Angus's favourite - olives!
 

No comments: