Background

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Mummy, what did you do over the weekend?


Well, I went out to play in Scotland.

This is me, attached to a stretcher and being lowered down a hill. The idea is that a person guides the stretcher, with casualty (instead of the unused kit!) safely down the slope.

The rest of the team who attended the weekend training event. I probably ought to clarify that this is not the Buxton team as they are rather a long way away to go on a callout! This is my new team, the Northumberland National Park Mountain Rescue Team.

The walk in to where we did our lower and other snow stuff. Yes, it really was this steep and snowy. The wind chill was horrendous. Ice axes and crampons the whole way.

So you need to turn this around! Despite rumours to the contrary, there is a need to learn avalanche probing as we do have avalanches in the UK and sadly people do get caught in them 



So there you are. That is what I did over the weekend. What about you?

No comments: