Background

Monday 11 July 2011

A Conversation

Players:
Mum
Angus: eldest son of Mum, 4 years old
Jake: Friend of Angus, also 4 years old.

Setting: Lounge

Boys approach lounge and can be overheard in the hallway.
Jake: See, I told you she was in the lounge ironing.
Boys enter lounge.
Angus: Pause Mum, what are you doing?
Mum: Ironing.
Angus: What's that?
Mum: I am using an iron, it's this (holding up iron). I am using it to iron your Dad's shirt.
Angus: Looking puzzled What are you doing to Dad's shirt?
Mum: I am using the iron the flatten Dad's shirt and take out the creases.
Angus: Why?
Mum: Because it looks better and neater that way.
Angus: Still looking puzzled. Oh. But you don't normally do that.
Mum: No, you're right, but I am doing it today.
Angus: Oh, okay.
Exit boys.
Overheard in corridor.
Angus: I have never seen Mum do that before.
Jake: My mum does it all the time.
Angus: Why?
Jake: I don't know. I think it makes her happy.
Angus: Strange.

Yes Angus, you're right. Ironing is strange.

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

Oh, I love this conversation! You'd think they had walked in on you doing something really clandestine!