Background

Sunday 24 April 2011

The New House...

I collected the keys for the new house yesterday. Now the fun starts - although that may be a bit optimistic! I have spent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks on the phone trying to co-ordinate builders, plumbers, electrical suppliers, electricians, estate agents, debt collectors (to clear rubbish from the house!), solicitors, planning application departments, and so on. I think, I hope, I pray, that all is now in place.

In theory, Tuesday the electrician and plumber will make sure that the builders can safely have power and water. Then a long weekend as there is a small wedding on Friday. The following Tuesday the builders move in and will remove the back of the garage, the roof, part of the chimney, a wall in the bathroom, and replace a kitchen ceiling and build a new roof, and so on. Hopefully by the end of May/beginning of June, we will have a habitable house that doesn't smell.

The tricky bit will be keeping a lid on the budget...

I realised that you haven't seen the front of the house. It's really quite a mess. Just look at its potential - try. I know it's difficult.





Oh, and have a Happy and Blessed Easter.
Christ is Risen!

No comments: