Background

Thursday 23 April 2009

For the Scrapping Officionados Amongst You!

Having only been influenced by what I had seen in the Close to My Heart publications, I was delighted to find Simple Scrapbooking online and particularly Cathy Zielske's work. Their philosophy is somewhat different to CTMH and their work tends to be less cluttered, simpler, more influenced by Graphic Design and a lot quicker and cheaper to produce! I still use CTMH products and love a lot of what they do but have never been convinced by some of what they advocate, feeling that since the purpose, to me at least, of scrapping is to preserve a memory, why spend so much time detracting from the photo and journalling by all the other stuff on the page? Surely the photos and journalling should be able to tell the story you are wanting to preserve?

Consequently, one day I finished a more CTMH style page and then completed a "Cathy" page in half an hour. Really. The CTMH pages had taken about three hours to do. The longest part of the Cathy style page was finding the best colour ink to print the journalling in!

Guess which one is which. And which style do you prefer? Sorry they are a bit dark. I am still trying to find the best place in the house and the best camera setting to take photos in.




No comments: