Background

Monday 15 November 2010

Isla's First Birthday

Isla's first year has flown past. I still remember the day we first met as though it was only yesterday, although thankfully I feel much better and a lot less tired than if that was really the case!
Last week Angus and I were reflecting on all that Isla has achieved this year, and she is wonderful! Angus told a friend of ours today how much he loves Isla, and judging from the way they play together, the feeling is mutual. I am so proud of my children - neither of them are angels, although Isla is close, but they are unique, wonderful little people and I am so curious to see how they will develop and grow, and what talents and gifts have been bestowed upon them. Mine is just the task to care, watch, and encourage, and offer the occasional nudge and word of guidance!

Isla had a family party on the Saturday before her birthday as her Dad was away at his new job for the actual day. Mum and Clive came over for a birthday tea, and Grandpa and Grandma came to stay for a long weekend. Presents arrived through the post for a few days, and came from friends, and there are allegedly still family presents on their way!
Enjoy the photos! As they were taken indoors in the dark, the lighting is terrible.






1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

Oh, Fiona. She is so cute. I cannot believe she is already one. I love seeing the birthday pictures, especially with Angus helping to open the presents. Also relieved to hear you found a house you will enjoy! I'm going to enjoy saying that my British friend Fiona lives in a town called Heddon-on-the-Wall, which sounds like something right out of Masterpiece Theatre. Love it! Can't wait to see pics.