This has left me and Angus on our own. Blue was invited as he is also a boy (dog) and his mountaineering skills are up to scratch - and he carries his own stuff now that he has doggy panniers.
Thoughts on being a single Mum (for a long weekend).
- The house is too quiet.
- Is Ken okay? There is no phone reception where he is walking. Am I going to get a sympathetic, nervous knock on the door? It's okay when I am walking with them as I know what is going on and whether they are being too risky, but my imagination is somewhat vivid and too well informed (a symptom of being on a Mountain Rescue team for seven years).
- I don't feel the need to do the washing up for some reason - unless I know there is a friend coming round.
- It's great knowing that things will be where I left them and not randomly left lying round.
- I don't have to clear up after Ken leaving his stuff lying everywhere.
- I fluctuate between housework apathy and obsessive tidiness.
- I can leave my scrapbooking stuff out and spend a lot of time indulging myself and not feel guilty.
- I don't feel so inspired to do my scrapbooking - see first point.
- I miss being hugged.
- I like having the bed to myself - sort off. I like having the duvet not being pulled off me.
- I miss not having the duvet being pulled off me.
- I like the undisturbed sleep.
- I find it difficult going to bed on my own.
- I can cook random food and don't feel the need to cook a proper meal.
- I feel like I am cheating when I don't cook properly and miss the need to cook healthily.
- I miss not having Ken coming home and taking over looking after Angus for a while.
Hhhmmm - what shall I do tomorrow? Ah, Sunday. Church followed by what, I wonder? No dog to walk, no housework needing doing, no laundry, paperwork up to date. I shall scrapbook. Excellent. Hope the sun shines and I feel inspired!